Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ben-Jy
Frequent Visitor

Get number of time a day has been taken as a day off

Hi,

In a PBI Dashboard, I must calculate the number of days off that have been taken by all the employees during a period of time.

To do that, I have a table with all the date from 2012 to 2042 that includes also a column that tell if the day is a working day and a column that indicates the number of employees who are on vacation on that date.

To do so, I only have a table with all the entries indicating the period of vacation taken by the employee :

Ben-Jy_1-1597157954732.png

With the two columns Start date (absencedata_von) and End date (absencedata_bis), I want to fill the first table that count the number of time a date has been taken as a day off.

The screenshot of the table above should fill the other table in this way :

Ben-Jy_0-1597158575561.png

I hope it is clear enough.

I already thank you for you help 🙂

Have a nice day !

Benjamin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User
4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

It helps, even though I don't really understand the formula used.
However, I would need also to filter the day that are not working days, that is why I wanted to add a column that count the number of absences per day. This is what my "Date" table looks like : 

Ben-Jy_0-1597213045097.png

The column "Jour de travail" indicates if the day is a working day or not. If not, I don't want that those days are counted in the calculation.

PS : your table 'Sickness' in your pbix file has an 'id' column, is that necessary ? Because my table hasn't it.

Thank you

Hi @Ben-Jy ,

The Sickness[ID] column is same as emplyee name in your sample. Just based on amitchandak's sample, I suggest you create two measure:

workday = IF(WEEKDAY(MAX(DimDate[Date]),2)-6<0,1,0)

absence = COUNTROWS(FILTER(ALL(Sickness),Sickness[AbsenceStartDate]<=MAX(DimDate[Date])&&Sickness[AbsenceEndDate]>=MAX(DimDate[Date])))

Capture3.PNG

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Ben-Jy
Frequent Visitor

I solved my problem, I adapted the formula and everything is working fine now. 
Thank you !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.