Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get filtered date from other table

Query12.PNG

I have a table with 2 date fileds financial date and transactional date and 3 cost amounts ,cost value,cost value adjust,cost value phy. The transaction date is in relation with date column from date dimension table.

There is a filter date field from date dimension. I need the following DAX for below sql.

case when (A.[Financial Date] <> '1900-01-01 ' and A.[Financial Date] <= '27/1/2020)

then (A.[Cost Amount] + A.[Cost Amount Adjustment]) else (A.[Cost Amount Physical]).

27/1/2020 should be dynamic when we pass 24/1/2020.

But i need the value of selectedvalue from slicer 

Should be the value from corresponding financial date not the value from date table.

Example, the financial date is 27/2/2020 , corresponding transaction date is 24/3/2020. When we 24/3/2020, it should take 27/2/2020 in the Dax.

I have around 7 million rows so just pasted a sample data.

Kindly help. Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I created 2 measures as below.

Inventory1 =

VAR max_date=CALCULATE(MAX('Date'[Date]),ALL('Date'))

VAR END_DATE=ENDOFMONTH('Date'[Date])

VAR START_DATE=CALCULATE(min('Date'[Date]),ALL('Date'))

RETURN

CALCULATE(SUM('1 Inventory Value'[Cost Amount])+SUM('1 Inventory Value'[Cost Amount Adjustment]),FILTER('1 Inventory Value',('1 Inventory Value'[Financial Date]<=END_DATE && '1 Inventory Value'[Financial Date]>=START_DATE) && '1 Inventory Value'[Financial Date]<>DATE(1900,01,01)&& '1 Inventory Value'[Posting Type]

in{"Physical","Financial"}),ALL('Date'))

+

CALCULATE(SUM('1 Inventory Value'[Cost Amount Physical]),FILTER('1 Inventory Value',('1 Inventory Value'[Financial Date]<max_date && '1 Inventory Value'[Financial Date]>=START_DATE) &&('1 Inventory Value'[Financial Date]>END_DATE || '1 Inventory Value'[Financial Date]=DATE(1900,01,01))&& '1 Inventory Value'[Posting Type]

in{"Physical","Financial"}))

Inventory2 =

CALCULATE (

[Inventory1],

ALL ( 'Date'[Date]),

datesbetween( 'Date'[Date], blank(), lastdate('Date'[Date]))

)

And i used Inventory2 and it worked perfectly. Thanks to everyone for giving some hints.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous not sure what is changed, don't keep on changing the main post if you are making any change in the requirement, and the original question is answered, a mark that as solved and open a new post, it is a bit confusing going back and forth. You know your data and problem better, so it is not easy to understand if you keep on changing like that. Just a suggestion.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry again! An extra filter is added and the id column is changed to warehouse column. A little change! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I created 2 measures as below.

Inventory1 =

VAR max_date=CALCULATE(MAX('Date'[Date]),ALL('Date'))

VAR END_DATE=ENDOFMONTH('Date'[Date])

VAR START_DATE=CALCULATE(min('Date'[Date]),ALL('Date'))

RETURN

CALCULATE(SUM('1 Inventory Value'[Cost Amount])+SUM('1 Inventory Value'[Cost Amount Adjustment]),FILTER('1 Inventory Value',('1 Inventory Value'[Financial Date]<=END_DATE && '1 Inventory Value'[Financial Date]>=START_DATE) && '1 Inventory Value'[Financial Date]<>DATE(1900,01,01)&& '1 Inventory Value'[Posting Type]

in{"Physical","Financial"}),ALL('Date'))

+

CALCULATE(SUM('1 Inventory Value'[Cost Amount Physical]),FILTER('1 Inventory Value',('1 Inventory Value'[Financial Date]<max_date && '1 Inventory Value'[Financial Date]>=START_DATE) &&('1 Inventory Value'[Financial Date]>END_DATE || '1 Inventory Value'[Financial Date]=DATE(1900,01,01))&& '1 Inventory Value'[Posting Type]

in{"Physical","Financial"}))

Inventory2 =

CALCULATE (

[Inventory1],

ALL ( 'Date'[Date]),

datesbetween( 'Date'[Date], blank(), lastdate('Date'[Date]))

)

And i used Inventory2 and it worked perfectly. Thanks to everyone for giving some hints.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous try this measure, change table and column name as per your model

Value = 
SUMX ( 
    VALUES ( Cost[Id] ), 
    IF ( CALCULATE ( MAX ( Cost[Tran Date] ) ) <= MAX ( 'Calendar'[Date] ),
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( Cost[Cost Amt] ) ) + CALCULATE ( SUM ( Cost[Cost Adj] ) ),
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( Cost[Cost Phy] ) ) )
) 

here is the output

parry2k_0-1611167070569.png

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies, I have made a little change in the requirement ,i tried the formula for previous requirement but its still running! Please check the new requirement which i updated and suggest.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous hey I would recommend posting sample data and expected output, it is a bit hard to understand what you are trying to do. Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry i am not getting the option to attach files here. I tried but i dont see the option.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Added .. Thanks

richbenmintz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

Are you able to provide

- sample data / sample pbix

- desired outcome visual or table

If  you can you will find that the fastest way to get your questions answered.

Thanks,

I hope this helps,
Richard

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos Appreciated!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Added.. Thanks

would you be able to paste the same data into a table?

I hope this helps,
Richard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes actually the data is from sql tables, i am just giving the sample. Modelling is done. Only thing is to get the Required Dax. I cant create a column with if condition as the dates are from different tables!

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please paste sample data, without it we cannot create a model to test your use case with

I hope this helps,
Richard

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors