Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get dates to show on gantt

I am trying to get the dates of milestone completion to show up on my gantt chart using the Resource field. My data is structured as follows:

Table 1 'Improvements'

List of projects (1 per row) with corresponding project information

Table 2 'Actions'

List of actions (1 action per row) with corresponding deadline

Measure "Duration Action" = Action deadline - TODAY() - this results in the # of days until the deadline. 

Measure "Next MS Date" = CALCULATE(MIN(Actions[Deadline]), 'Actions'[Deadline] >= TODAY())

The two tables are tied together (one to many) based on a project Id. I am using the gantt chart by putting Project Name from Table 1 in the Task field and "Duration Action" from Table 2 in the Duration field. What I want to show in the Resource field is "Next MS Date" so that it shows on the Gantt, but when I try to drag it over, the field won't accept it and Resource remains empty. 

Is there any workaround to this? 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I can add dates in the field Resource. So data type isn't the cause. 

1. I think these two Measures should be Calculated columns. What are they exactly?

2. Which table is in the one side of the relationship?

3. Can you share a dummy sample please?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've made a dummy copy but how do I upload? I only see an option to upload photos and videos.

"Project Title" as the Task

"Duration Action2" as the Duration

"Start Date" is Today's date (I created a calculated column for this but it's not included in the dummy copy)

I already can do the above - I've included a snapshot of what that currently looks like. What I want to add is this:

Capture.JPG

"Next Milestone" to Legend

"Next MS Date" to Resources

that way, the bars are colored by the name of the next milestone and match what's in the table. Also the dates are displayed on each bar. 

Hi @Anonymous,

You can upload your file to a cloud drive like Onedirve, GoogleDrive, then send me the share link. If you don't want to post here, you can send me a message via Messages. It's better to share here, then more people could give suggestions.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

1. the Duration Action measure is the amount of days from today until the action deadline. 

2. The Project table has 1 project per line and the Actions table has one action per line. One project can have several actions, so actions is the "many" and projects is the "one". 

3. I can upload a dummy copy, but the source file is from a sharepoint site. Will that cause issues with you playing with the data? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.