Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

natabird3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Get data to display in desired location in table and matrixes

Hello,

I think rather stupid question for some of you but i am new to DAX and currently unable to come up with a function to solve the following problem. I want to display the following values in different rows not in the same one or in different columns but neither of the functions work for me. (i tried addnewcolumn but keeps giving me a scalar value error). 

matrix visual.JPGcurrent state.JPG

All values are in the same table and i am simply trying to display it in a specific way but am unable to do that:

schema.JPG

Ideally i would want to create the following dynamic visual:

output.JPG

Thanks in advance for the help.

3 REPLIES 3
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @natabird3 ,

Not sure that I understand what you trying to do but could you not just drop measures in cards, and arrange as a table? or drop on a multi row card? You could turn off the category and put text box ob the bottom for the titles.
Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathanielcard.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

I cannot do that because i will need to rank them and it needs to be dynamic. If i set them as cards its one value in the card and it will always stay on one place. However, i need to rank them based on the KPI selected. So that will not work, thanks for trying. 

natabird3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Anyone else know how to do this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.