Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get data from Snowflake

Hi All,

We are trying to connec to snowflake datawarehouse and get data into Power bi for the first time. But once we entered the credentials we could able to see only the information schema. 

We have checked the permissions and access to other databases for the user id and we have all permission set up. 

Did anyone faced this issue when connecting to snowflake? Appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Ganesan k.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

But once we entered the credentials we could able to see only the information schema. 

It shows that you have connected to database successfully, without any error prompt, right?

We have checked the permissions and access to other databases for the user id and we have all permission set up. 

But does current account have full access to this database you were attempting to connect to?

Besides, try to connect with a different credential to see if issue persist.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

To answer to your first two questions, Yes  i am able to connect to the server without any issues and i have also verified that i have complete access.

Another point to mention here, We are trying to connect the snowflake for the first time and setting up the access to the users as well. It would be great if you could share any way to check on snowflake end that we have granted all necessary access?

I am sure that we have granted access but just want to double-check on that. 

Thanks,

Ganesan k.

Hi @Anonymous,

Honestly, I am not familiar with Snowflake. Maybe you can log on Snowflake database with this account to see whether he can view all data.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.