Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sp_mike
Helper II
Helper II

Get data from SharePoint (online) search

I want to use data from SharePoint lists in powerbi.

I set up an Odata Feed using this query:

"https://my-tenant/_api/search/query?querytext='ContentTypeId:0x01005CF44F9730394E45A4F413209E88EE9D*'"

This gives me al listitems from a certain content-type. In the browser I get two records (which is correct). In PowerBI I get a lot of data and a lot of clicking to get to the the final records. Then it looks like this:

KnipselTMP.PNG

Not the way I can use the data.

What I need would be something like "Fieldname" > "value"

How can I clean up my query so that I have a table in PowerBI I can work with?

Thanks, Mike

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@sp_mike Here is a quick blog that should help. Essentially any field that comes in with the highlight yellow can be expanded to retrieve the fields within it.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@sp_mike

You can expand the record and delete the unwanted columns based on your requirement. Check this link if the blog path provided by Eno1978 cannot be opened, it should be a useful article.

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@sp_mike

You can expand the record and delete the unwanted columns based on your requirement. Check this link if the blog path provided by Eno1978 cannot be opened, it should be a useful article.

Best Regards,

Herbert

@sp_mike Here is a quick blog that should help. Essentially any field that comes in with the highlight yellow can be expanded to retrieve the fields within it.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.