Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get data from SharePoint Online

I have an excel online file stored in a sharepoint 365 document library.

I had tried get data from a Sharepoint Folder and also from Odata and enter the Sharepoint site URL However when I do this by entering https://xxxx.sharepoint.com/site/sitename I do not get a box asking for authorisation details and instead get "Access to the resource is forbidden".

Then I read some posts that told me to add the _vti_bin/listdata.svc at the end of the URL.

However when I use the _vti_bin/listdata.svc behind https://xxxx.sharepoint.com/site/sitename/Lists/list01 by Odata,the message is like below:

Details: "Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.Resources.HttpResource: Request failed:
OData Version: 3 and 4, Error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. (Bad Request)
OData Version: 4, Error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. (Bad Request)
OData Version: 3, Error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. (Bad Request)"

And if I use this behind https://xxxx.sharepoint.com/site/sitename/ the message still showing "Access to the resource is forbidden."

Is it because that I didn't signin to the PowerBI Desktop or is there something I had done wrong?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please try the below steps,

Power Bi Desktop-Go to-File-Options & Settings-Datasource Setting.

First remove sharepoint credential from the list and again add share point site with below settings,

Credentials:Organizational Account

Privacy Level:none

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I had reset the data source as you said but the error message is as below.

I am sure that I signed in in the same ID of the sharepoint, is there any possibility that the reason is because of the sharepoint permission?

Inkedodata again_LI.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please click on "sign in as diffrent user" and try it or use WINDOWS (second options) authorization. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had tried both of the suggestions but I only have one ID so that I can only signin by the same Identity.

eventhough I use the  "sign in as diffrent user", the same result come out with the same ID.

Thank you for your reply but unfortunately none of them can solve this...

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I would value the answer by  djerro123.

Please look at my test example:

Capture10.JPGCapture11.JPG

InkedInkedCapture12_LI.jpg

InkedCapture13_LI.jpg

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I noticed you have a URL containing '......com/site/...' while typically there should be something like this:

"https://<company>.sharepoint.com/sites/site/" 

Without the qoutes and with the trailing slash ( / )

Let me know if that works

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Keep those thumbs up coming! 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for you and @v-juanli-msft `s reply.

I am so sorry that it`s my typing miss and I do enter the URL as `sites`.

odata url.JPG

forbidden.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.