Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Quazanic
Frequent Visitor

Get data from Access table - Colum are not visible if there is any cell in that with multi value

Hi Experts

I have an access table with many colums and some of them include a multi-value cell, those are coming from a list. When I import this Access table into Power BI than everithing is OK and no error, but all the Colums with multi-values cells are not appiered.

It would be not the best to step back and using just simple values cells in the Access; for a perfect report mosty I need more subject from the list below, it determinate the type of changing.

Screenshot 2022-12-05 134753.jpg

It is important that the Power BI reporting to be online with access.

I hope you can support me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Quazanic
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

I found a solution in MS Access; I created a query from the table:

1. in normal way the special multivalue column is not visible in PowerBI, BUT

2. i duplicated this query on name rev2, and i have add the multivalue column on a ***.Value version in design view in Access

After that the Access split all the rows based on the data in the special multivaule cell but just in this Query.

If there were 2 different categories in the cell, than this query contains now 2 rows for this, and the differences is in the last ***.value column.

The PowerBI working well with this modified query, this query is living and working based on the multivalues table, so everithing is in connection.

proper data in access to Power BI.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Quazanic
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

I found a solution in MS Access; I created a query from the table:

1. in normal way the special multivalue column is not visible in PowerBI, BUT

2. i duplicated this query on name rev2, and i have add the multivalue column on a ***.Value version in design view in Access

After that the Access split all the rows based on the data in the special multivaule cell but just in this Query.

If there were 2 different categories in the cell, than this query contains now 2 rows for this, and the differences is in the last ***.value column.

The PowerBI working well with this modified query, this query is living and working based on the multivalues table, so everithing is in connection.

proper data in access to Power BI.jpg

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Quazanic , Open the power query and check if is it coming as a list of tables. of so you can expand in power bi

Hi, not in Model view and not in Data view, not in Query; these colums with multi values cells are not there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.