Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DavidGTMS
Helper I
Helper I

Get data by REST API of Dataset Published desde Power BI Desktop

We can only GET with Rest API of the dataset published from the API itself or that have the Hybrid property. We need to make a backup or GET of the dataset published with Power BI Desktop to Power Bi Online.

Will this be possible?

4 REPLIES 4
DavidGTMS
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Do you know if they will release this option soon?

Thank you.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DavidGTMS,

Based on my research, we can't use Power Bi REST API operate the dataset generated by publishing the report from Power BI desktop. 

We can backup a pbix file to backup the dataset. To connect to the dataset, we can use Power BI Service data source

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you.

I already knew of the existence of using the dataset in a new pbix. The goal to achieve is to make a backup of the published dataset.

Thanks again.

Hi @DavidGTMS,

As I mentioned originally, we can't backup published dataset use Power BI rest API. We can just back pbix file for the published dataset. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.