Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get data Using Amazon Redshift via Query

Hi everyone,

I am new to Power Bi, I am trying to import data using ‘Amazon Redshift’ (using query). I notice that there is no ‘advanced options’ available to add a ‘sql statement’. Earlier, I have tried importing data using ‘Sql Server’ through ‘advanced options’. But, looks like ‘Amazon Redshift’ does not have this feature or I am not aware of it.  Please let me know if I can import data using Amazon Redshift via query. Any inputs are appreciated.

Thanks in advance !

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you need to updated power BI, I am able to see it. Please see below screen shot1.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do see the same screen which you have posted. But I am not able to add query here.

Using the above option (picture you have posted), I will only be able to import the data directly from the table after giving the connection credentials. I want to import the data based on the query and not directly from the table.

Please find the below example from SQL server database, ther is "advanced options" where we can add query and import data based on the query.  Similarly, I am looking for an option to add query option when importing using Amazon Redshift.

SQL Server Database.png

Please let me know if any one can help me with this !

Thanks in advance !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Select "Direct Query" and paste your query in that,let me know if this is not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI,

I have already tried that option before posting here, but it does not work. It takes me directly to the page where I can select the table. There is no option to add a query.

Thanks !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohh I got it.

Once you get tables can you click on edit tables and transformations or joins in the powerquery level?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am looking for options to use the query to import the data and not directly get the data from the tables.

After I get the data from tables, it works like the regular way how it works with other database.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.