Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vanetti
Frequent Visitor

Get country from city and state info

Hi,

I have a database that brings me only the city and the state from varius countrys (don´t ask way).

I need to make some king of google search to get the country.

I now that if I use the Map visualization, it will do a search in Bing and bring me the exact location from that city and state, and very accurate for my data.

Does anyone have an idea of how can I extract that country data from the map visualization or any other way?

Thanks all!

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@vanetti wrote:

Hi,

I have a database that brings me only the city and the state from varius countrys (don´t ask way).

I need to make some king of google search to get the country.

I now that if I use the Map visualization, it will do a search in Bing and bring me the exact location from that city and state, and very accurate for my data.

Does anyone have an idea of how can I extract that country data from the map visualization or any other way?

Thanks all!

@vanetti

AFAIK, there's no such way, the exported data from the map visual are all data(only cities and states) existing in your table. As to your requirement, you're looking for some approach to get the country names from cities and states, you may rely on Google APIs, check this How to derive country from city name.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.