Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shill1000
Helper IV
Helper IV

Get correct % per individual

Hope someone can fix what I'm getting wrong. I need a table that summarises % of records with a certain value for each person that created records. I can get this into a simple yes/no substitution (if value = X then yes, else no) and that into a table. But as soon as I try to represent these values as a % for each row, it looks like the second table in my screenshot - its blank.Matrix.jpg

I've created these measures in an attempt to get this to work. I suspect there's something really simple in one or more measures, but I can't see it.

FTF In = CALCULATE(COUNTA(Tablea[FTF Count]),FILTER(Tablea,Tablea[FTF Count] = "Yes"))

Total FTF = CALCULATE(COUNTA(Tablea[FTF Count]),ALLEXCEPT(Tablea,Tablea[Submitter]) )

FTF % = [FTF In]/[Total FTF]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ARRGGHHH! Found the issue was in the data, not the measure. Data had " around it and wasn;t pattern matchign correctly. Sorry for the waste of time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Can you use a Quick Measure or Show As Percent of Grand Total?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

No, it needs to be summaised by agent and overall, hence the first table. I think I've made a fundamental mistake in my measures, but I can't see how to fix it. If I explain it like this, maybe it will make more sense:

I need to both count and measure (as a percentage) how many records per submitter are flagged as FTF. It's a text value in the base data, so I set up the query to add a column counting where the value is FTF as a 'Yes' and all others as 'No'.

The idea being I would count the # of 'Yes' values against the total (by submitter and overall). You can see the counts work correctly in the first table.

But to get the %, logically I set up what I thought were correct measures to get the count of 'Yes' values then divide these by the overall total to get the % measure. I know I've got somethign wrong, I just can't see what it is.

I really need to get to grips with DAX properly. 😞

I've narrowed it down to the FTF In measure. This is returning 0 results. but I can't see what's wrong with the function, and there appears nothing wrong with the syntax?

ARRGGHHH! Found the issue was in the data, not the measure. Data had " around it and wasn;t pattern matchign correctly. Sorry for the waste of time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.