Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lasoe

Get an error when using ^

Need to look at the lastlogon attribute from Active Directory.

I try to use this formular.

Last Logon = IF(user[user.lastlogon]>0, user[user.lastlogon]/8.64*10^11)-109205, DATE(2000,01,01))

Found it here.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/active-directory-LastLogon/td-p/22155

But every time i use ^ in a formular i get an error.

"Token EoF expected."

I tried with a simple one

= 10^11

That gives the same error.

Works fine in Excel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KGrice
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @lasoe. The formula you're using is for DAX, so it's meant to be a measure or calculated column. Judging by the syntax, it's really a calculated column. If you're getting "Token EoF expected," you're still in the query editor and using the M language.

If you want to use it as is, you'll need to load your data first (close and apply in the query editor), and then go to the Data view (middle icon on the left side). Select your table, and then go to the Modeling tab in the ribbon and find the New Column button. You should be able to use your formula there, though it's missing a parenthesis as is.

If you want to use the formula in the query editor, here's the M equivalent. Note that M is case-sensitive.

= if [lastlogon] > 0 
then [lastlogon]/(8.64 * Number.Power(10, 11)) - 109205
else Date.FromText("2000-01-01")

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KGrice
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @lasoe. The formula you're using is for DAX, so it's meant to be a measure or calculated column. Judging by the syntax, it's really a calculated column. If you're getting "Token EoF expected," you're still in the query editor and using the M language.

If you want to use it as is, you'll need to load your data first (close and apply in the query editor), and then go to the Data view (middle icon on the left side). Select your table, and then go to the Modeling tab in the ribbon and find the New Column button. You should be able to use your formula there, though it's missing a parenthesis as is.

If you want to use the formula in the query editor, here's the M equivalent. Note that M is case-sensitive.

= if [lastlogon] > 0 
then [lastlogon]/(8.64 * Number.Power(10, 11)) - 109205
else Date.FromText("2000-01-01")

Thx.

That works.

Also explained a lot of other things to me. 🙂

Regards

Lars

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.