Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cado_one
Resolver III
Resolver III

Get a column sorted by a measure's value

Hi,

I need help with an issue I faced and was not able to solve by myself :

I have a bar chart displaying values from a measure in bars and which is sorted by geographic area (each area has a color).

Capture.JPG

In addition with this area sorting, I need the bars to be sorted by the measure's value to get a result like this (chart below realized in Excel) :

Capture.JPG

How can I have this double level sorting in Power BI ?

Any idea will be welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Cado

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Cado_one ,

Advanced sorting is not supported by column chart visualization right now in Power BI.

You can use table or matrix as an alternative which has enabled advanced sort by pressing Shift and clicking on column header in one of the recent updates.

You can also submit advanced sort in column chart viz as an idea here or vote for similar ideas here which are already submitted by other.

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Cado_one ,

Advanced sorting is not supported by column chart visualization right now in Power BI.

You can use table or matrix as an alternative which has enabled advanced sort by pressing Shift and clicking on column header in one of the recent updates.

You can also submit advanced sort in column chart viz as an idea here or vote for similar ideas here which are already submitted by other.

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Cado_one ,

I think you might want this function: Drill down and drill up in a visual.

Please kindly refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-drill

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-stephen-msft ,

thank you for the suggestion. However it seems impossible to build a hierarchy with a measure.

Or did I miss something ?

Regards,

Cado

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.