Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Meru
Frequent Visitor

Get Values from table1 for corresponding values from table2 with duplicates

I have 2 tables, table1 with ID and table2 with corresponding old ID. I want a calculation where  ID from table1 and correspoding OLD ID in table2 need to consider and then need values(quantity, price, year) in table1 for calculation for all these matching IDs. For example consider ID1 (which has Old IDs as 2 and 4) so how can i filter table 1 for all these IDs and calucltae balue as per below screenshot. There are duplicates in OLD ID column as well (means there could be multiple OLD IDs against one ID).

PBI_Issue.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi  @Meru ,

Create 2 columns as below:

_count = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Table1'),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[Year]=2019&&'Table1'[ID]=EARLIER(Table1[ID])))
_sum = 
var _qty=CALCULATE(MAX('Table1'[ Quantity]),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[Year]=2020&&'Table1'[ID]=EARLIER('Table1'[ID])))
var _price=CALCULATE(MAX('Table1'[Price]),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[Year]=2019&&'Table1'[ID]=EARLIER(Table1[ID])))
Return
IF('Table1'[_count]=1,_qty*_price)

And modify measure 2019 as below:

Value(2019) = 
var _sum=SUMX(FILTER(ALL(Table1),'Table1'[Year]=2020&&'Table1'[new ID]=MAX('Table1'[new ID])),'Table1'[ Quantity])
var _price=SUMX(FILTER(ALL(Table1),'Table1'[Year]=2019&&'Table1'[new ID]=MAX('Table1'[new ID])),'Table1'[Price])
var _aver=DIVIDE(_price,MAX('Table1'[_count]))
var _newID=CALCULATETABLE(VALUES('Table1'[new ID]),'Table1'[_count]>1)
Return
IF(MAX('Table1'[new ID]) in _newID,_sum*_aver,SUMX(SUMMARIZE('Table1','Table1'[ID],'Table1'[new ID],"price",MAX('Table1'[_sum])),[price]))

And you will see:

vkellymsft_0-1627552077242.png

For the related .pbix file,pls see attached.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Meru
Frequent Visitor

@v-kelly-msft Thanks for your help but as I mentioned there are duplicates in Table2 (Old ID) column as well. Consider a new row with values (7, 6) in table 2 and a new row with values (7, 2020, 21, 0.15) in table1.  Now in table1, for ID 5 & 6 need to consider ID 3 but for ID 7 need to consider 6.

Hi  @Meru ,

Could you pls provide a complete sample data with expected output for test?Better with your logic.

Best Regards,
Kelly

@v-kelly-msft Consider below data set and calculations. Consider the changes highlighted in yellow. Also in the calculation for 2019, i need to multiply price of 2019 with qty of 2020. pls see calculation highlighted in red for better uderstanding.

Meru_0-1627469504498.png

Hi  @Meru ,

Create 2 columns as below:

_count = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Table1'),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[Year]=2019&&'Table1'[ID]=EARLIER(Table1[ID])))
_sum = 
var _qty=CALCULATE(MAX('Table1'[ Quantity]),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[Year]=2020&&'Table1'[ID]=EARLIER('Table1'[ID])))
var _price=CALCULATE(MAX('Table1'[Price]),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[Year]=2019&&'Table1'[ID]=EARLIER(Table1[ID])))
Return
IF('Table1'[_count]=1,_qty*_price)

And modify measure 2019 as below:

Value(2019) = 
var _sum=SUMX(FILTER(ALL(Table1),'Table1'[Year]=2020&&'Table1'[new ID]=MAX('Table1'[new ID])),'Table1'[ Quantity])
var _price=SUMX(FILTER(ALL(Table1),'Table1'[Year]=2019&&'Table1'[new ID]=MAX('Table1'[new ID])),'Table1'[Price])
var _aver=DIVIDE(_price,MAX('Table1'[_count]))
var _newID=CALCULATETABLE(VALUES('Table1'[new ID]),'Table1'[_count]>1)
Return
IF(MAX('Table1'[new ID]) in _newID,_sum*_aver,SUMX(SUMMARIZE('Table1','Table1'[ID],'Table1'[new ID],"price",MAX('Table1'[_sum])),[price]))

And you will see:

vkellymsft_0-1627552077242.png

Best Regards,
Kelly

v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Meru ,

First create a column in table 1 as below:

new ID = 
var _lookup=LOOKUPVALUE('Table2'[ID],'Table2'[Old ID],'Table1'[ID],blank())
Return
IF(_lookup=BLANK(),'Table1'[ID],_lookup)

Then create 2 measures as below:

Value(2019) = SUMX(FILTER(ALL(Table1),'Table1'[Year]=2019&&'Table1'[new ID]=MAX('Table1'[new ID])),'Table1'[ Quantity]*'Table1'[Price])
Value(2020) = SUMX(FILTER(ALL(Table1),'Table1'[Year]=2020&&'Table1'[new ID]=MAX('Table1'[new ID])),'Table1'[ Quantity]*'Table1'[Price])

And you will see:

vkellymsft_0-1627028953604.png

Best Regards,
Kelly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.