Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Angel
Resolver III
Resolver III

Get ODATA - We couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided - Basic authentication

Hi, everyone

I hope someone can help me..

We have installed Power BI Desktop in a Windows 2012 R2 Standard Server.

When we try to get ODATA feed in Power BI desktop, it appears message 'We could´nt authenticate with the credentials provided'. However, it works ok if we input same URL and same credentials in web browser.

Any idea???

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @v-jiascu-msft

I have found a solution, replacing %26 by character & in URL ODATA.

Thanks, anyway

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Angel,

What's the source exactly? The local OData sources, or others?

Do you have the latest version of Power BI? 

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @v-jiascu-msft

Source is ODATA from Dynamics NAV 2017.

The issue happens with last version of Power BI Desktop. However, It works ok if i check 'ignore privacy levels'.

'Ignore privacy levels' is not supported in Power BI Service. So, when I publish the pbix file and try to connect to ODATA using a gateaway, it appears 'credentials invalid' again. I have installed on-premise gateaway and it's online.

That's the message.

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to . Details: "We could not register this data source for any gateway instances within this cluster. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance."Hide details
Activity ID:	06c40c83-53ab-4dfa-9036-de310ce537f6
Request ID:	fb2530fb-d8a0-79d2-9887-e55633a1a874
Cluster URI:	https://wabi-west-europe-b-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Status code:	400
Error Code:	DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCode
Time:	Thu Aug 23 2018 22:05:56 GMT+0100 (hora de verano de Europa occidental)
Version:	13.0.6358.131
Noray Power BI - Puerta enlace:	Invalid connection credentials.
Underlying error code:	-2147467259
Underlying error message:	Se requieren credenciales para conectarse al origen OData. (Origen en http://servernav.server.local:9048/DynamicsNAV100/OData/Company('TEST%20HOTEL%20RESORT%20&%20SPA')/ConfiguracionNorayBI.)
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:	-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind:	OData
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath:	http://servernav.server.local:9048/DynamicsNAV100/OData/Company('TEST%20HOTEL%20RESORT%20&%20SPA')/ConfiguracionNorayBI
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason:	CredentialMissing
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources:	[{"kind":"OData","path":"http://servernav.server.local:9048/DynamicsNAV100/OData/Company(\u0027TEST%20HOTEL%20RESORT%20\u0026%20SPA\u0027)/ConfiguracionNorayBI"}]
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason:	CredentialMissing
Troubleshoot connection problems

Hi @Angel,

I would suggest you upgrade the Data Gateway to the latest version first. You can change the privacy level in the Advanced settings like below.

Do you have a credential other than the basic authentication? Seems it isn't accepted.

Get_ODATA_We_couldn_t_authenticate_with_the_credentials_provided_Basic_authentication

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @v-jiascu-msft

I have found the problem... URL ODATA has the character & and it seems Power BI Service doesn't support it.

Maybe, I must report and issue for this.

Thanks anyway

Hi, @v-jiascu-msft

I have found a solution, replacing %26 by character & in URL ODATA.

Thanks, anyway

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.