Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Get Max Value From Slicer Independently from Row Element

Hi everyone,

I'm seeking your help because I'm puzzled by filter and dax measure. The following screeshot is showing a formula I've written to calculate the selling amount for a specific year (2020).

gabrielefugazzi_0-1605793298411.png

Hand writing the value of 2020 produces no problem since every single customer is associated to the 2020.

But using the slicer max value produce an undesired situation: the max year is selected for each customer and not as a general value. For example a customer who was active till 2019 return the selling amount of 2019, and not the desidered 2020.

How can I get the max value from the slicer indipendently from the row on which I'm applying the measure?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gabrielefugazzi ,

Please refer to my .pbix file.

v-xuding-msft_0-1606210076364.png

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gabrielefugazzi ,

Please refer to my .pbix file.

v-xuding-msft_0-1606210076364.png

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you Xue Ding,

I've learned an important lesson throught your help.

Hi ,

a specific year filter has been applied to the report (as shown below) which select the last ywo year from the dataset. In our case 2020 and 2019

A sample customer record with selling amount per year, from the tabular model

ID

TOTAL

Running the dax formula (where year is fixed) per last year and last year-1

fatturato_ac = VAR maxdate = 2020 return

if(isblank(round(CALCULATE(sum(fatturato[fatturato]), fatturato[anno_fattura] = maxdate), 2)), 0, round(CALCULATE(sum(fatturato[fatturato]), fatturato[anno_fattura] = maxdate), 2))

fatturato_ap = VAR maxdate = 2019 return

if(isblank(round(CALCULATE(sum(fatturato[fatturato]), fatturato[anno_fattura] = maxdate), 2)), 0, round(CALCULATE(sum(fatturato[fatturato]), fatturato[anno_fattura] = maxdate), 2))

produces the following matrix row

Cattura.JPG

Running the dax formula (where year is not fixed) per last year and last year-1

fatturato_ac = VAR maxdate = max(fatturato[anno_fattura]) 

return

fatturato_ap = VAR maxdate = max(fatturato[anno_fattura])-1
return

Cattura2.JPG

Have you seen that the value shifts from one year to another?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@gabrielefugazzi ,The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.
Appreciate your Kudos.

Hi @amitchandak,

a specific year filter has been applied to the report (as shown below) which select the last ywo year from the dataset. In our case 2020 and 2019

gabrielefugazzi_0-1605864142237.png

A sample customer record with selling amount per year, from the tabular model

id                  2020   2019 totale

0201000084       0    8,52  8,52

Running the dax formula (where year is fixed) per last year and last year-1

fatturato_ac = VAR maxdate = 2020 return

fatturato_ap = VAR maxdate = 2019 return

produces the following matrix row

Cattura.JPG

Running the dax formula (where year is not fixed) per last year and last year-1

fatturato_ac = VAR maxdate = max(fatturato[anno_fattura]) 
return

fatturato_ap = VAR maxdate = max(fatturato[anno_fattura])-1
return

Cattura2.JPG

Have you seen that the value shifts from one year to another?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.