Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get Data - sharepoint folder issue

Hi pros,

I have this issue where when connecting Power BI to Sharepoint folder the error given is : "Access to the resource is forbidden"

I have full access to the sharepoint folder as I am the one who created it. I also have signed into Power BI with the correct credentials.

I've tried connecting on other computers and it does take me to the microsoft sign in authentication.

Does anyone know why?

Note: I created the sharepoint folder via Teams

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is,kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution and welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from here. 

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

brunozanoelo
Helper V
Helper V

Do this... I've found in another topic here.

Now it works!

I have just received this reply from Cherry... I tested it and it works (after clearing the permissions). I copy here the reply:

--- 

If it still have problem , please create a new pbix file and clear the Permission the data source of SharePoint you used before under Edit Queries>> Data source setting>>Global Permissions>> find the sharepoint source >> Clear Permissions.

Please update the latest version of Power BI Desktop ( 2.66.5376.1681) and test again. By my test with this new version, everything works as expected.

If it still have problem , please create a new pbix file and clear the Permission the data source of SharePoint you used before under Edit Queries>> Data source setting>>Global Permissions>> find the sharepoint source >> Clear Permissions.

Then you could get data again.

-----

I excpect it also works for all of you!

Jaiver

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
brunozanoelo
Helper V
Helper V

Do this... I've found in another topic here.

Now it works!

I have just received this reply from Cherry... I tested it and it works (after clearing the permissions). I copy here the reply:

--- 

Please update the latest version of Power BI Desktop ( 2.66.5376.1681) and test again. By my test with this new version, everything works as expected.

Then you could get data again.

-----

I excpect it also works for all of you!

Jaiver

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am running the Feb 2019 PowerBi version and i tried to clear Permissions,  still having the same issue. 

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

Please upgrade the PBI Desktop to latest Feb 2019 version to see if it can resolve the issue: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is,kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution and welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from here. 

Regards,

Cherie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous

The error could occur when using wrong log-in option to connect to SharePoint. Below are the posts for your reference. If it is not your case, please share more details for your scenario.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Sharepoint-Folder-to-Power-Bi-Access-to-the-resource-is/td-p/439763

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/SharePoint-List-Access-to-resource-is-forbidden/td-p/51475

Regards,

Cherie

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.