Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bebeto
Helper III
Helper III

Get Data from Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Hi,

I have a customer with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, can I connect Power BI with it to develop a Dashboard and some reports?

I can see two connectors in Power BI to:

Salesforce Objects

Salesforce Reports

But I am not sure if it is the same...

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
Brianyoung

To connect Power BI with Salesforce Marketing Cloud for dashboard and report development, the direct connectors in Power BI for Salesforce Objects and Reports may not suffice, as they primarily target Salesforce CRM. For a more tailored solution, consider using Skyvia. It provides a specialized integration service that can connect Salesforce Marketing Cloud data with Power BI, enabling you to create the required dashboards and reports effectively.

youssefm
Regular Visitor

While Marketing Cloud is a owned by Salesforce, it has a different architecture and Salesforce connectors do not work with it. In order to extract data from Marketign Cloud, you need to access its SOAP API, then make that data avaialble in some data store that Power BI can access like SQL Server, Access, or even Excel. This will  require some integration software between Marketing Cloud and Power BI, you can try the free Talend Studio for that.

If you find a better solution, please let us know

Thanks 

gyanobaba

Did you found any solution to this?

I am in to similar situation where in I need to connect Power BI with SFMC to get some repoerting dashboard created.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@bebeto

I found a useful blog which may help you understand the difference between Salesforce Objects and Reports.

1. Salesforce Object (Both Standard & Custom) – In Salesforce, objects are fields that are grouped together based on category or tab. Examples include products, opportunities, leads and each of these objects contains a number of related fields that can be brought into a data model for reporting within Power BI Desktop. For a thorough explanation of Salesforce objects, you can read up on it HERE.
  2. Salesforce Reports – Within Salesforce, users can create various reports which can be connected to directly through Power BI Desktop. The benefit of connecting to a pre-built Salesforce report is that it should already contain the fields needed for your analysis which would eliminate the need for some data manipulation and mapping when modeling data.

Best Regards,

Herbert

BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Not Sure about any connectors fpr Salesforce Marketing Cloud.

But below 2 links will help to understand more about the Salesforce connectivity to powerBI.

Link 1

Link 2

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavesh 

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Thanks friend!

I have no idea about Salesforce... When yoy connect to Salesforce Reports, the reports which are showd to import into Power BI, are always the same (are predefined reports which are developed in all instances of Salesforce) ore PowerBI get the reports which are developed in that instance of Salesforce you are connecting to?

This is, if I connect to any Salesforce I get the same reports?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

In salesforce an object refers to a big table in database. Salesforce Report is sort of a useful dataset taken from the big table. You can import data from salesforce report but then you you wont have an access to the entire data table. But, if you import from salesforce object, you will get everything in the table, which would require a lot of filtertion. I hope this answers your question.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors