Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mip67
Frequent Visitor

Get Data From REST API PUT Method

I was wondering if anyone has ever successfully got data from a REST API using a PUT method.  I see you can do it with GET and POST, but searched online and can't find any examples.  The data I have to get from this REST API only allows to use the PUT method to interface it.  Any information would be helpful.

Thanks, Mike

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mip67 

I think you can try put method like post method do in Power BI. They have many similarities.

For reference:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Using-a-REST-API-as-a-data-source/m-p/50400

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Thanks Rico for your response, but I don't think that url helped.  I don't want to resort to 3rd party solutions to do this.  Disappointed Microsoft hasn't improved on getting data via REST APIs since a lot are going that direction in getting data.  Anyone else have any thoughts or examples to show?

Thanks, Mike

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.