Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get Data - Different Query Results

Hello,

I am having an issue with inputting data from a DB2 database. This database contains non-alphanumeric characters (Chinese, Thai, etc). When I created and executed my query in DBVisualizer, I am getting data that did not include these non-alphanumeric characters. However, in Power BI, I copied the query into PowerQuery and it returned these characters. 

Is there a setting in PowerQuery/Power BI Desktop that changes the query results? If so, where can these settings be found?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the issue ended up being an improperly configured IBM Data Server Driver. The IBM driver that Microsoft points to in the link it provides was updated recently and it did not match our current configuration. The results of the query were then incorrect when trying to pull doublebyte data.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

An update:

I previously viewed older queries from DB2 into Power BI and this seems to be universal across all queries I made. Any columns are being converted to chinese characters. Is this a known issue?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you tell me if the data is loaded normally? If it is, kindly share the solutions. More people who encounter the same issue will benefit from here. 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the issue ended up being an improperly configured IBM Data Server Driver. The IBM driver that Microsoft points to in the link it provides was updated recently and it did not match our current configuration. The results of the query were then incorrect when trying to pull doublebyte data.

Hi @Anonymous ,

For now, I didn't find that others encounter the issue.  And I didn't reproduce the issue either. I think you could create a support ticket to get a dedicated support. In this way, you could understand why happened and how to solve quickly and securely. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.