Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Geomap

How can i show only available countries from the database over geomap rather than shwoing whole geomap. Also i wanted to show tooltip when i hover the mouse on that particular country.

1 REPLY 1
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous ,

First thing is add more details to your question. There are different map visuals available in Power BI, so hard to understand which one you are talking about. Refer follwinh article on how to add etails to your question:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Also, if I go with the map visual in Power BI, you can't just show points/identifiers for limited countries. The job of a map visual is to show the location of a country on world map. So that is what it does.

To your 2nd question, yes the tooltips are by-default shown on the map visual, onces you move a value to be displayed by a geographic location on the map visual. See the screenshot below:

Pragati11_0-1640007917091.png

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.