Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sohananahid
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Generate email to user as a new event posted on the dashboard?

Hi all: Good day! I have developed and published a dashboard that shows new ‘maintenance events’ and ‘critical notices’ on different pipelines in ‘Table’ visuals. The table also has the user name [Trader and Scheduler] for a pipeline that the event/notice info is displayed as below:

sohananahid_0-1605028985540.png

One user [‘Trader’] asking if he can get an email when any new event is posted on his ‘Pipeline’.

How do I create that email functionality: send email to ‘Trader’ when there is a new ‘Subject’ posted on his ‘Pipeline Name’ with ‘Update Date’ is today?

Many thanks in advance. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @sohananahid ,

If the report is not paginated report, you can only subscribe the filtered visual to send e-mails.

If the reprot is pagainated report, you can subcribe .doc, .csv, .xml files to send e-mails.

Please refer:

1. Subscribe yourself and others to paginated reports in the Power BI service 
  2. Subscribe to a report or dashboard in the Power BI service 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sohananahid ,

As far as I know, currently power bi only supports sending e-mails to users combing with power automate by data alerts instead of adding new data in your data source. Please refer: Integrate Power BI data alerts with Power Automate

In addition, I have found this issue in Power automate community that flow also does not currently support such a feature: To send an email only when a new row is added in a Online Business Excel Sheet 

Since power bi could not do it by itself, I would suggest you go to the Microsoft Power Automate Community forum for further help.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yingjl  : Good day! Thanks for your response! 🙂 The request got modified than what I originally posted earlier.  The user is asking the functionality like this: he uses the existing filters e.g., Pipeline(s) he is interested to know if there are events/notices posted for his pipeline(s). Then he fills out an email address and those [selected] info from these two tables can be emailed to him as csv/any other format!

Many thanks! 😊

Hi @sohananahid ,

If the report is not paginated report, you can only subscribe the filtered visual to send e-mails.

If the reprot is pagainated report, you can subcribe .doc, .csv, .xml files to send e-mails.

Please refer:

1. Subscribe yourself and others to paginated reports in the Power BI service 
  2. Subscribe to a report or dashboard in the Power BI service 

Best Regards,

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You don't really want to use Power BI for that. Power Automate for example is a much better fit for this ask.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.