Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AndyWald
Frequent Visitor

Generate a PDF per parameter value in Power BI Paginated Reports

I am creating a Power BI Paginated Report with various metrics for a single customer based on selecting it as a parameter.  Is there a way to automatically generate a PDF per parameter value?  We have over 1000 customers and it is not feasible to generate and save each one individually, even using the URL method.   

Thank you for any guidance you have!  

3 REPLIES 3
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Instead of making Customer a parameter, just set up a Group on it at the parent level and set it up to do a page break on it.  That will result in a 1000-page pdf.  If you want 1000 individual pdfs, you'll need to set up a Flow to iterate over a list/table of Customers and make a call to export the paginated report for each (not sure how performant that will be).

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Thanks Pat! 

For better or worse, we do need separate PDFs for each customer in order to share.  I will work on creating a Flow.  I was hoping there was a more straight forward solution that I was missing.  

Can you print into one giant pdf and then use python to parse it into individual pdfs for each customer?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.