Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dchoing

General question (Might not be right section but I apologize)

I am currently using the basic Power BI and Power BI Desktop tools but am not able to share reports and dashboards securely.

1.       Does every user need a Pro license to share visualizations, or only the user creating them?

2.       What is the cost if we wanted 2-5 users to be able to create and publish shared visualizations to a team of 15-20?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dchoing,

Currently, peer-to-peer dashboard sharing, group workspaces (now called app workspaces) are capabilities limited to Power BI Pro. So the quick answer is that all the user need Pro license in your scenario, and the cost is $9.99(per user per month)*(2-5 + 15-20). Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dchoing,

Currently, peer-to-peer dashboard sharing, group workspaces (now called app workspaces) are capabilities limited to Power BI Pro. So the quick answer is that all the user need Pro license in your scenario, and the cost is $9.99(per user per month)*(2-5 + 15-20). Smiley Happy

Regards

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Check out my article here:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/power-bi-licensing-pictures-greg-deckler-microsoft-mvp-

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.