Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SteGot
Advocate I
Advocate I

General formula for hierarchy aggregations

Hi to all guys,

I want to ask you if somebody knows a method to generalize a formula without specifying the hierarchy level in the visual.
But first, let's contextualize the problem. The table below contains the data supporting the example.

Let's P0 be a group of products, P001 a specific product, and P001-A and P001-B two different packs of the same product P001. In the column Property we have three properties for that item. The Stock Projections are the expected stocks available at the end of that month. The Sales Forecast value indicates a prediction of the sold stocks in that month, and with Coverage we want to find the number of days that the stock at the end of the current month will be able to cover based on the future Sales Forecasts.
Let's suppose that every month has 22 working days.
Then for example, for P001-A we have 21 days of Coverage since the Stock Projections are 29 items at the end of Jun, and for July the sales forecast is 30 (we can cover almost the full Jul and our formula give us 21 days). For the product P001 we made the same calculation, but taking into account that the stock projections and the sales forecast are the sums of the packs of the specific product.

In this example, we had to construct a support table containing the sum of stock projections and sales forecast to compute all the Coverage values for all the levels over the packs. But we want to avoid that.
Finally, we want to find a general formula giving us the Coverage without specifying the hierarchy level in the visual.

Anyone can help?

Thanks

ProductPropertyJun-22Jul-22Aug-22
P0Stock Projections.........
P0Sales Forecast ......
P0Coverage.........
P001Stock Projections139188270
P001Sales Forecast 81103
P001Coverage33......
P001-AStock Projections295030
P001-ASales Forecast 3023
P001-ACoverage21......
P001-BStock Projections110138240
P001-BSales Forecast 5180
P001-BCoverage37......

1 REPLY 1
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SteGot ,

Are you trying to replace the hierarchy in a visual with a formula? As far as I know, there is no such formula that can replace the hierarchy of visual effects.

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.