Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jracer007
Helper IV
Helper IV

Gauge with dynamic target

Hello community,

Today I wanted to request your help to build a gauge with the following characteristics:

-The target value 'MITIGOAPP v1' must be equal to the one in the current month. Example: in December the value should be 201,515.
-The current value must be the last of a column that is in another data source.

Thank you.

MAUMITIGOAPP v1
Jan-16139,216
Feb-16145,802
Mar-16149,296
Apr-16152,542
May-16155,825
Jun-16159,176
Jul-16162,598
Aug-16166,094
Sep-16169,665
Oct-16173,313
Nov-16177,039
Dec-16180,845
Jan-17171,073
Feb-17173,639
Mar-17176,244
Apr-17178,887
May-17181,571
Jun-17184,294
Jul-17187,059
Aug-17189,864
Sep-17192,712
Oct-17195,603
Nov-17198,537
Dec-17201,515
Jan-18 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

here is link to pbix file, i did few things which I can explain, basically converted your "MAU" to "Month Date" for relative filtering as 1st date of the month, you can see this in power query and from there it was all easy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@jracer007 what is your other data source? Can you give full picture of your data model and any relation tables have?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Opera Instantánea_2017-12-07_134809_docs.google.com.png

The last value of column K is the data that I want to be displayed as the current value.

Still not very clear but i guess you are saying if nov 2017 is selected, you want to show last value from Col K from nov 2017 w hich will be 192379 as target and sum of col E will be total value will be actual, correct?

And in case dec2017, target value will be 85085 and so on...

is this correct understanding?

no, the objective value is taken from the first source of data that I showed.

oh ok, from your data sample (1st picture) there is no data for each day of nov, 2017 but in your 2nd image, you have col K with values.

Anyhow, you can use lookup function to get the value from your target or if these tables are related then you can use related function.

are not related, look at this example of how it should be:
Opera Instantánea_2017-12-07_140818_app.klipfolio.com.png
Could you help me with the formulas? I'm new to Power BI

No problem, can you share your data using google drive in excel and i will put together somethign from you. Just send me basic data and mask any sensitive data.

@jracer007 is this how your data is? If that is the case then on yoru gauge visual just put "Target" column in Target value and actual in value

but how do you take the current month?

aha, got it. so when you say current month, you mean current calendar month, presently Dec, 2017 

exactly

ok, gotcha, so here is what you need to do, convert your month to date field and then you can use relative filtering on this date field to always give you current month, give me few minutes and i will send you pbix file. i'm going to convert you month to english month so it is easy to work for me.

here is link to pbix file, i did few things which I can explain, basically converted your "MAU" to "Month Date" for relative filtering as 1st date of the month, you can see this in power query and from there it was all easy.

Hello,
One more thing, how do I visualize the percentage that is needed to reach the goal?

A thousand thanks parry2k was just what I need

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.