Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gauge visual with multiple targets

Hi All,

Is it possible to have a gauge visual with two different sets of targets? E.g. "Plan", "Revised Plan"?

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

I can't find any custom visual that meets your requirement.  Maybe you need to create two visuals:one for plan and the other one for Revised Plan.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
AndreaCBS
Frequent Visitor

Hello everyone,
I have the same problem, and I tried to stack two gauges like suggested by @egsiegel in his message, but the client need to modify the threshold time to times, so I thought that instead of a gauge there is another visual (like a bar char ecc.) in which I/he can put easily and manually thresholds/target values, visually "similar" to the gauge.

Any suggestions?

yashwant101
Helper II
Helper II

Hi all,

Did anyone find any solution to get 2 different targets as 2 different lines? Your help is highly appreciated.

I didn't find anything useful - there's an idea posted but it has virtually no votes (link below):
https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=e266e4d0-f245-4795-84a3-2c0c397e3520

With enough votes it might get developed

Anonymous
Not applicable

We still don't have this in 2023..

Srsly Microsoft 

Wasted 4 -5 hours tried every gauge chart ever available .... and even charticulator doesn't help..

Chat gpt was not able to answer this .. conversation went in circles..

Lol the fun part is it got trianed by me..

Lets just pivot data and use stack bar chart 

Would be happy to recieve a satisfying solution.

@Anonymous @Kevin_SC @egsiegel @v-deddai1-msft 

In the same spot as all of you - there's an idea posted but it has virtually no votes (link below):
https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=e266e4d0-f245-4795-84a3-2c0c397e3520

Kevin_SC
Frequent Visitor

I've just looked through 3 similar topics and found no solutions.

Why didn't you add several ticks to the gauge? It's obvious that there might be more than 1 target. Honestly I believe that whoever designs those visuals have never worked in a non-software company.

Instead you either propose very 'creative' solutions or suggest to add an idea which by the looks of things will not be realized in the near 5 years anyway.

egsiegel
Frequent Visitor

I know I am late to this one, but wanted to post this solution:

I created 2 Gauge visuals with the same min and max values.

1st one has the Values and Target.  Do not display the target value (alignment issues) and shut the background off.

2nd should have only the second target set as the value and be 80% the size of the 1st.

set the colors as desired.

put the 1st visual on top of the 2nd and align centers.

group the 2 visuals

it should end up looking like this:

egsiegel_0-1614790232212.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Dial Gauge custom visual might be what you're looking for. it allows you to set Target and actual. 

Karlos_1-1595923435270.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous thank you for the suggestion but I believe that is more useful if you have a target range as opposed to two single point-value targets as I have?

Hi @Anonymous ,

I can't find any custom visual that meets your requirement.  Maybe you need to create two visuals:one for plan and the other one for Revised Plan.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-deddai1-msft, thank you for checking. Yes that is currently what I am doing but it leads to redundancy as the "actual" value is repeated amongst different visuals. Thank you however.

Hi @Anonymous ,

But It seems to be the only way for now.I also recommend you create an idea for it  in https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas to improve the power bi.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.