Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Pjotr
Frequent Visitor

Gauge visual: show percentage instead of decimals with multidimensional data

Hi all,

I have a report that includes many Gauge visuals. I use these to visualize KPI's in the form of numbers and percentages. Since a few weeks, it seems like the percentage KPI's are represented as decimal numbers instead of percentages:

TMP Gauge example.png

I am working with multidimensional data, making it unable to create measures or format data in Power BI. However, in the source of the multidimensional data that I am using, the values are already represented as percentages. If I show the values of the left visual in a table, they give 8% and 10%, but in the Gauge they are shown as 0,08 and 0,10.

Does anyone know how to obtain the desired representation of the percentages?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Pjotr 

It seems you may check the percentage format under modeling.

a1.png

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply!

However the option to use Formatting under Modeling is unavailable, since I am using multidimensional data. Within the multidimensional data the value is already defined as a percentage, though. All other visuals tend to recognize this, except for the Gauge visual since a recent update.

Hi @Pjotr 

Please check if below post could help.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Formatting-SSAS-values-Live-connection-explore-live/td-p/19...

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.