Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brhr
Helper I
Helper I

Gauge visual not showing percentage

Hey there,

I have seen other posts regarding challenges in showing gauges not displaying the value in percentage, such as the one here: Solved: Re: Gauge Visualization No Longer Showing Percenta... - Microsoft Power BI Community

My measure is formatted as percentage, but yet shows as a decimal number. In previous posts, it was mentioned it might be a challenge related to calculation groups, but does not says how to solve it.

Should I delete and re-do the calculation groups? (That would suck). Or how to solve it?

image.png

6 REPLIES 6
MaxZ

Hi there,

Got the same pb. I guess until it is fully supported you have to "recreate" the visual by removing all the numbers from the gauge and re-adding them using standard cards or kpis.

Cheers

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@brhr it seems to be data issue in the dataset. will it possible for you to share simple data also you can try to use similar measure on some other data and see if it works for you.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Unfortunately it is corporate and sensitive data. I cannot share it...

All metrics displayed as percentage are not showing as percentage in the gauge. A few samples below:

brhr_2-1610116876287.pngbrhr_3-1610116906396.png

But as you can see below the data types are correct:

brhr_0-1610116711868.png

brhr_1-1610116724130.png

It is very frustanting to say the least...

Hi, @brhr 

It may be  caused by  the different format String expression. I consider that using calculation groups to set different data format may be just applicable to some bar chart visual currently  but not for all visuals.

It is recommended to avoid customizing different format string expressions or not using calculation groups.

31.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@brhr  change the format of the callout value measure to % like below. 

negi007_0-1610115572365.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

It is already in Percentage as per my screenshot above. If I type Percentage on the format, it is transformed to Text. 

Plus it has no effect on the gauge display...

brhr_0-1610115874956.png

brhr_1-1610115902175.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.