Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gauge chart help

Hi all!

I am working with gauge chart but I am facing an issue.

I am compraing budget against actual for projects in some regions. However, for some projects I just have the budget, since they didnt start yet, and I have no data in actual for them.

Gauge chart cant show the target (that is a measure) for the projects that didnt start. So, when I am analyzing the whole region, the gauge chart is bringing an incorrect budget, since is not summing the budget for projects that didnt start yet.

Do you mind how I can fix this?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

The requirement is not very clear. You may add zero (+ 0) to the DAX formula or specify a default value if necessary.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-chuncz-msft 

I didn't get your solution.

Let me try again... Please, consider table below.

ProjectBudgetActualTargetMax Value
A            1,000               580            1,000            1,300
B            2,000             2,000            2,600
C            3,000            1,350            3,000            3,900
D            4,000            2,700            4,000            5,200
E            5,000             5,000            6,500
Total         15,000            4,630         15,000         19,500

The budget has figures for many projects, however the actual no, since some projects didnt start yet. Gauge chart should show the Target value as 15,000 but once there is no value for actual, it is showing 8,000 because it not summing projects B and E.

This is what I need to fix. Show the correct target of 15,000.

If I understand well, you coded your target as the sum of all individual project targets?

Easiest solution is to hard code a single target value -> separate column

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, @ThomasSTS 

As I am using slicers, I can checking just one project or all projects of one region. For one project, the chart is right, however for the region is not. The region is the sum of all projects in this region.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.