Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emma313823
Helper IV
Helper IV

Gauge Visual Issue

Hi All

I've been working with the gauge visual and basically I want to take some customers and gauge the actual revenue compared to the forecast target value for the year.  What I'm seeing looks great, but am not sure about how the right side of the gauge is plotting.

In the visual if you look at the top one - 2016 Actual to Fixed Target you will see the left is at 0 - great and the actual received to date is 2.8M (again looks good), and you see the target 3.88M, then you see on the right 5.36M....where is this number coming from?  Why would the right side not be plotting my forecast target value I entered into the gauge axis Target field, so the full gauge is used?

Is the gauge supposed to plot the right side with some random number?  It is doing so on all the gauge visuals? 

Emma

Target Dashboard.jpg

Emma
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi @emma313823

If you put the target as Maximum Value this will be the full gauge.

Gauge with Target as MaximumGauge with Target as Maximum

Lima - Peru

View solution in original post

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@emma313823 The 5.36 is double 2.68 => notice all your visuals are this way Smiley Happy

If you leave the Maximum Value empty it defaults to double the Value!

Also, if you leave the Maximum Value Field empty and go to the Format (Paint Brush) Menu

the top option Gauge Axis lets you control Min, Max and Target values where you can enter (hardcode) the numbers!

It really depends on your setup but I only use those controls when working with % - then I set Min to 0 (0%) and Max to 1 (100%)

when I work with amounts (numbers) I use a Measure placed in the Maximum Value field

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@emma313823 The 5.36 is double 2.68 => notice all your visuals are this way Smiley Happy

If you leave the Maximum Value empty it defaults to double the Value!

Also, if you leave the Maximum Value Field empty and go to the Format (Paint Brush) Menu

the top option Gauge Axis lets you control Min, Max and Target values where you can enter (hardcode) the numbers!

It really depends on your setup but I only use those controls when working with % - then I set Min to 0 (0%) and Max to 1 (100%)

when I work with amounts (numbers) I use a Measure placed in the Maximum Value field

Hope this helps!

Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi @emma313823

If you put the target as Maximum Value this will be the full gauge.

Gauge with Target as MaximumGauge with Target as Maximum

Lima - Peru

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.