Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Vdbpcl
Frequent Visitor

Gauge Click Filters Table

I’m new in Power BI. I have a few gauge visuals on my page.

I want to give users the capability to see the records behind the kpi. Ideally, when the click on a gauge, they would be given an option to see the detail records. Right now, i have the gauges on my page and a table with the rows. If i click on a gauge, the table does not get filtered accordingly.

How do I do this?

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Vdbpcl,

An option in Power BI is  to see the underlying data, if you select a certain visual (in your case a gauge) you can click on "See data" like showed in the attached pictures:

Before clickin on "See data"Before clickin on "See data"After clicking "See data"After clicking "See data"

Best regards,

L.Meijdam

Hi @Anonymous,

I saw the “See Data” option. But I am looking for the records/data. In your screenshot for example, I am looking to see the 7 rows for Shirt, not the count.

V

Hi @Vdbpcl,

When you create a table visualization, let the table display all rows without summarizing your rows. When you click on the Gauge, you will see all records in the table.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

The table visualization does not respond to the click on the Gauge.

I wanted to share a screenshot of my page, but I have some data on it that I cannot share.

---

I have two gauges and a table visualization on the page. 

* The table visualization has raw data (no aggregation).

* Gauge 1 shows the KPI (count) of a subset of the table visual. I have a visual filter of Key = 'g1'

* Gauge 2 shows the KPI (count) of a different subset of the table visual. I have a visual filter of Key = 'g2'

When I click Gauge 1, the table visualization should automatically be filtered by Key = 'g1'. Similar behavior should happen with Gauge 2 (i.e. table visual should be filtered by Key = 'g2'. However, right now, when I click on either of the gauges, the table visual is not filtering anything.

Hi @Vdbpcl,

The visual has fixed and been filter since use visual level filter, "when click Gauge 1, the table visualization should automatically be filtered by Key = 'g1'" How the operation happen? It's confusing.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

"when click Gauge 1, the table visualization should automatically be filtered by Key = 'g1'" How the operation happen? It's confusing.

It is not happening. It is what I want to happen.

Hi @Vdbpcl,

As what I said, once you added it in visual level filter, the visualization should be fixed(filtered by the visual level filter), it can not be automatically filtered.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.