Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PepeB Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Gather information from different tables by multiple condition in many tables

Hi all,

I've conected power bi to our SQL server. And I'm trying to gather the historic changes with its timestamps. this are stored in called snapshots tables. Problem that are different snapshot tables and the Key one "commandsnapshots" has no relations within the SQL server. My guess is that all the gathering work is hardcoded to avoid redundant relationships between tables.

That means that I should code that in power BI. I tried to do it by merging tables but there are so many tables to megre that the resulta hasn't been really productive.

My approach to it was to creat a DAX column that gathers de dates with If and lookupvalue sentences. This will mean a huge contatenated If sentences becase there are 49 different commands.

I was wondering If there's a more efficient way to do multiple lookupvalues with multiple condictions. I've been searching around the forum but didn't find a solution for me.

I'll show you just one of the examples. See image below:

Capture.PNGWhat I'm looking is to get a column named "Date" in CommadSnashot table that contains the Batches[CreationDate] if CommandTypeKey[CommandType] = 5... and so on with multiple commandTypes gathering dates from different tables. If that makes sense.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PepeB Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Gather information from different tables by multiple condition in many tables

Hi

I'm sorry about it. Thanks I could solved it as finnaly it wasn't as complex as I thought.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Gather information from different tables by multiple condition in many tables

@PepeB your requirement is not fully clear, and the image is so small to understand the diagram. Can you put some sample data in excel sheet and expected output and share that file to understand the problem.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Datanaut! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

PepeB Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I'm sorry about it. Thanks I could solved it as finnaly it wasn't as complex as I thought.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 319 members 2,807 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: