Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MCacc
Helper III
Helper III

Gateway refresh with Direct Query

Hello, 

I have a question about refresh after the dashboard publication.

I'm using an import with Direct Query from Oracle DB and I have installed correctly the gateway to publish my dashboard; I have established the connection with my DB in the settings.

I was just wondering if I have to schedule a refresh on the power bi web after the publication, or since I'm using the Direct Query mode to load my data, the dashboard will be refreshed automatically. 

If I don't schedule any refresh in my gateway settings, will my users see the data updated as normal? Thank you.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
camargos88
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @MCacc ,

Once you are using Direct Query and your Gateway is configured, you don't need to schedule.

However you can schedule a refresh for the cache, it improves the speed to get data.

Check this link: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/fr-fr/blog/announcing-custom-cache-refresh-schedules-in-the-power-bi-s...

If you consider it as a solution, please mark as a solution and kudos.

Ricardo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
camargos88
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @MCacc ,

Once you are using Direct Query and your Gateway is configured, you don't need to schedule.

However you can schedule a refresh for the cache, it improves the speed to get data.

Check this link: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/fr-fr/blog/announcing-custom-cache-refresh-schedules-in-the-power-bi-s...

If you consider it as a solution, please mark as a solution and kudos.

Ricardo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thank you very much for the info,.

My doubt came up when I saw the "schedule refresh" section available on my gateway. I thought it was weird. 

Thank you again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.