Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

HUAM
Helper II
Helper II

Gateway connection

Hi,all

I want to delete the personal mode gateway and connect with the gateway installed on the server.
My coworker installed gateway on the server and told me to check the data sources.
But I can't find it in my report other than my personal mode gateway.
Should the data source type below match the type when importing data from my power bi?
I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me.

HUAM_0-1652419415820.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @HUAM ,

You will have to follow the below steps so that you can view the gateway.

1. Check if the gateway is showing as connected under Power BI service->Manage Gateways (the gateway should show as connected to the user who installed it)
  2. Add the User’s Database or Data sources as a datasource under the configured gateway through Power BI service
  3. Add the User to the User list, in order to use the data source to create or update report

Refer - Add or remove a gateway data source - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

3 tips to avoid a missing gateway with Power BI - Guy in a Cube

Solved: Add New Users to Gateway Cluster - Microsoft Power BI Community

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HUAM
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,all

I want to delete the personal mode gateway and connect with the gateway installed on the server.
My coworker installed gateway on the server and told me to check the data sources.
But I can't find it in my report other than my personal mode gateway.
Should the data source type below match the type when importing data from my power bi?
I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me.

HUAM_0-1652419554109.png

not only does it need to match, it needs to match EXACTLY, down to the case of all words. Gateway connection strings are case sensitive.

In addition, a gateway will ONLY be visible/selectable if ALL your on-premise data sources in the current dataset are declared in that gateway cluster.

Also note that enterprise gateways usually cannot see files on your PC. You may need to move them to a OneDrive or Sharepoint.

PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @HUAM ,

You will have to follow the below steps so that you can view the gateway.

1. Check if the gateway is showing as connected under Power BI service->Manage Gateways (the gateway should show as connected to the user who installed it)
  2. Add the User’s Database or Data sources as a datasource under the configured gateway through Power BI service
  3. Add the User to the User list, in order to use the data source to create or update report

Refer - Add or remove a gateway data source - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

3 tips to avoid a missing gateway with Power BI - Guy in a Cube

Solved: Add New Users to Gateway Cluster - Microsoft Power BI Community

Thank you for your answer.

My mannager said I have a role in this workspace so I'm a user
But I can't see the gateway in here ,then I'm not user this gateway?

HUAM_0-1652686749093.png

How can I find the gateway?
Also I can't find Gateway list at the New data source page like below.

HUAM_2-1652686965112.png

please Let me know what the problem 

PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Your coworker who installed the gateway in the first place should be doing the steps mentioned above.

As yo were not responsible for creating the gateway, you will not be able to see anless and until your details are added by your coworker.

Your coworker can refer this to do it

Thanks to you, I solved it. It is now possible to connect to the gateway.

However, new error occurred.
Is this error caused by out of memory?
If you know, please reply.
----------------------------------------------
Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"ODBC: ERROR [08P01] server closed the connection unexpectedly\n\tThis probably means the server terminated abnormally\n\tbefore or while processing the request.\n\r\nERROR [08P01] server closed the connection unexpectedly\n\tThis probably means the server terminated abnormally\n\tbefore or while processing the request.\n"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Odbc"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"dsn=PostgreSQL35W"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.OdbcErrors","detail":{"type":1,"value":"#table({\"SQLState\", \"NativeError\", \"Message\"}, {})"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Dim_notification_ch_campaign.

bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

Have you been added as a user on the new gateway?

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

No,, probably didn't add it.
Should I add my account as user to the new gateway like below?

HUAM_0-1652421003204.png

If there is a site find out how to add users, please recommend it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.