Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

blm001
Advocate I
Advocate I

Gantt view not displaying all itmes in the legend.

Hello,
I am trying to display a simple project timeline in Power Bi by using the Gantt visual. 
I also have a couple of slicers where the user can choose one of the items in the legend or a task.

The problem is that when neither slicer has a selection, so showing all, I am missng at least one items from the "Legend" (the last one alphabetically). However, when I select just the one of the missing items from the "Legend" slicer view, the Gannt chart then does show the desired result.
As you can from the screenshot below, the short little line is missing from the Legend.  And it is acutally supposed to be as long as the other lines above and below it.

Capture.PNG

When I then click the item from the slicer,which does not appear in the legend, it does show correctly Gantt chart and also then displayed in the Legend.
 Capture2.PNG

If I also play with the filters, to remove one of the other "tasks", then the missing task appears normally.
I don't think there is a limit on the number of items that the Legend can show.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks Advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem.

The visual does not display some of the data. The data is displayed correctly in any other visual like a matrix which has a similar structure as of Gantt chart. 

Also, when I filter out few rows of data, then the missing data shows up. It seems like that the Gantt chart has a limited capacity & when there’s too much data, it just truncates some of it. Is it true?

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@blm001

I still can't reproduce this issue. Can you share your .pbix file? 

Regards,

Due to the sensitivty of the data, I'll have to replace some of the values with generic names.  I'll need a bit of time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.