Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gantt chart - tooltip setting

In  the tool tip for Gantt Chart.  Is it possible to 

(a) change the date format to dd-mm-yy

(b) remove the time

(c) remove duration?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Anonymous

a) change the date format to dd-mm-yy

There’s no need to do this in Gantt chart. You can simply go to Data Pane, choose your date column and in Modeling change the Data Type to Date and Format to dd-MMM-yy:

1.PNG

b) remove the time

remove duration?

What did you mean about this? The duration is the built-in property of Gantt chart. If you don’t want to use it, I think you just don’t put any fields in this property. Please elaborate your requirement with sharing us more detailed information like some screenshots about your chart.

Also, you should know that for currently it is not possible to customize tooltip format.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Anonymous

a) change the date format to dd-mm-yy

There’s no need to do this in Gantt chart. You can simply go to Data Pane, choose your date column and in Modeling change the Data Type to Date and Format to dd-MMM-yy:

1.PNG

b) remove the time

remove duration?

What did you mean about this? The duration is the built-in property of Gantt chart. If you don’t want to use it, I think you just don’t put any fields in this property. Please elaborate your requirement with sharing us more detailed information like some screenshots about your chart.

Also, you should know that for currently it is not possible to customize tooltip format.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

when I type mm/dd/yyyy everything works except the month appreas as 00. I do not want to time nor do I want the mon to show as letters. Can this be done?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

When I put in dd-MMM-yy into the 'Tooltip Settings' for the Grant Chart, it changed the format of the date and removed the time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Thanks.It works

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.