Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gantt chart task bar visualized earlier than start and end dates

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to create a Gantt chart using Gantt 2.2.3, but the bars are visualized earlier than the actual start/end dates.

rekesz04_0-1630401305581.png

Even though the highlighted start date is 2021.09.01 the bar extends even before today. It looks like the bars are early 1-2 days and this even affects the line showing today. I checked all of my regional/time zone settings in Windows and everything seems to be correctly aligned. I tried changing something in Power BI itself, but couldn't find any options. I also tried looking everywhere, but it seems like nobody had this kind of problem.

I checked the data and even though I imported the table from one Excel sheet the dates seem to have different time zones for some inexplicable reason:

rekesz04_1-1630401572081.png

However, I'm not sure if this is the cause of the problem.

I'm completely flabbergasted so any help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

In Power BI report, there are only date and date/time data types. Neither of them has timezone info. So transform start date and end date columns in Power Query Editor to a specific timezone you want. Or change them to date type if you don't need to use time and timezone data.

21090202.jpg

For the "bar extends before the start date" issue, I can reproduce it. I think it is due to the bar is not a standard rectangle shape. It extends at the head as well as at the tail. Not sure when the shape started to change, but from its original glance pictures on this page, it was a rectangle before. 

As Gantt 2.2.3 hasn't been updated since 2017, you could try some new Gantt custom visuals which may not have this problem. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

In Power BI report, there are only date and date/time data types. Neither of them has timezone info. So transform start date and end date columns in Power Query Editor to a specific timezone you want. Or change them to date type if you don't need to use time and timezone data.

21090202.jpg

For the "bar extends before the start date" issue, I can reproduce it. I think it is due to the bar is not a standard rectangle shape. It extends at the head as well as at the tail. Not sure when the shape started to change, but from its original glance pictures on this page, it was a rectangle before. 

As Gantt 2.2.3 hasn't been updated since 2017, you could try some new Gantt custom visuals which may not have this problem. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jing for checking! I'll use another Gantt visualisation then 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.