Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gantt chart adjusted start date measure in Start date of Gantt chart not working

HI, 

I creating booking gantt that is used for viewing what days are already booked and which ones are free. Problem is that when I select date range in calendar filter, some bookings start before my minimal calendar date, so I must adjust start date in gantt to minimal calendar date, or gantt show dates before selected calendar date. I created measure for setting start date, but gantt start field is not accepting measure date as start date? Advise please, thanks

2017-06-22_10-49-23.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

In a Gantt chart, it is not available to add a measure into start date field.

In your scenario, you said the start date of Gantt chart was not filtered by the selected date from a slicer, right? Did you add date column from a separate calendar table into slicer, rather than the date column included in data table? If that is the case, please create a relationship between calendar table and data table based on date column.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

In a Gantt chart, it is not available to add a measure into start date field.

In your scenario, you said the start date of Gantt chart was not filtered by the selected date from a slicer, right? Did you add date column from a separate calendar table into slicer, rather than the date column included in data table? If that is the case, please create a relationship between calendar table and data table based on date column.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are not 100% on the spot, but your answer helped me to create somethig I can use. Thank you very much 🙂

Is it possible that your share your new idea, I am having the same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.