Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pedanticpad
Helper II
Helper II

Gantt chart - Cannot Add a Duration

Hi,

I have a Gantt Chart all set up like a time line showing me hours in a day (duration unit set to minutes in general settings), using timestamp (date/time) as start and end.  Everything is working perfectly except I cannot add a duration.  When I try to add a data field to the duration in the visual menu nothing happens, it won't stick.

The duration is in minutes.  I've tried transforming it to a duration, tired a new calculated column (End-Start), tried converting that to minutes, hours, days.  Nothing seems to work!  Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@pedanticpad 

I cannot enter Endtime and Duration field at the same time, try only enter column in to duration only.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @pedanticpad ,

Please share some screenshots around what you are trying to do here.

It's hard to understand what you are trying to achieve using Gantt chart. Also, add some sample data so that we can try to replicate at our end.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Sorry.  I thought I made sense when I wrote that.  See screenshot below, absolutely no field will populate in the Duration field.  No matter what I drag and drop it will not enter this field.  I though it something to do with my duration measure but no field at all will go into the Duration field in the settings.  Has anyone come accross this before?

image.png

@pedanticpad 

I cannot enter Endtime and Duration field at the same time, try only enter column in to duration only.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Which Gantt Chart are you using?

@

Hi @pedanticpad ,

Refer following link to see what DURATION value is epected in this Gantt chart. It looks more like that you have to create a new column with CALENDAR duration.

https://www.senseiprojectsolutions.com/2018/03/23/creating-calendar-duration-for-use-with-the-gantt-...

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.