cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irisyeong Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Gantt Chart unable to change for legend

I am using Gantt chart to create timeline for when different reports are due to donors.  I have used 'report type' as the legend.  However, Gantt chart does not use different colours for the different reports and it doesn't give me the option to change the colour of the legends (see 1st screen shot).  I do not understand why as I managed to create another gantt chart (see 2nd screenshot)where the legend colours changed.  Would appreciate any tip to solve this issue.  Thanks.

Ganttchart1.JPGGanttchart2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-ljerr-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Gantt Chart unable to change for legend

Hi @irisyeong,

Based on my test, the Legend color will be different or can be changed only when the Duration field is specified. So you may need to fill the Duration field to show Legend color differently. Smiley Happy

r1.PNG

Regards

6 REPLIES 6
Super Contributor

Hi @irisyeong,

Could you share a sample pbix file(with just some mock data) which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploadingSmiley Happy

Regards

Regular Visitor

Hi there,

I've uploaded the mock data to my One Drive.  Pls see link below.

https://wvaus-my.sharepoint.com/personal/iris_yeong_worldvision_com_au/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?...

Thanks.

Super Contributor

Hi @irisyeong,

Based on my test, the Legend color will be different or can be changed only when the Duration field is specified. So you may need to fill the Duration field to show Legend color differently. Smiley Happy

r1.PNG

Regards

Regular Visitor

Thank you!!!!Smiley Very Happy

helena-jade Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have tried this solution, but my gantt won't allow me to add any data to the Duration field.

I have four categories in my legend and only three different colours (two are the same), and the other  issue is that the first two tasks appear to have a green bar, regardless of the category I give them.

Jmula Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

To add the required field to the Duration, first take off the column in the End date. Then add the column to the Duration whatever you want. Now go to legend and change the colors as per your requirement. Then com back to the fileds again, move the column in the duration to its original place, add back the column to the end date which you removed previously. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
GregDeckler

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, explains

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Back to School Contest

Back to School Contest

Engage and empower students with Power BI!

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Ideas
Users Online
Currently online: 37 members 1,064 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: