Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gantt Chart unable to change for legend

I am using Gantt chart to create timeline for when different reports are due to donors.  I have used 'report type' as the legend.  However, Gantt chart does not use different colours for the different reports and it doesn't give me the option to change the colour of the legends (see 1st screen shot).  I do not understand why as I managed to create another gantt chart (see 2nd screenshot)where the legend colours changed.  Would appreciate any tip to solve this issue.  Thanks.

Ganttchart1.JPGGanttchart2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, the Legend color will be different or can be changed only when the Duration field is specified. So you may need to fill the Duration field to show Legend color differently. Smiley Happy

r1.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
sohananahid
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

I had a similar situation when I changed my "Legend" from 1 field to another field. As a quick solution- I recreated the Gantt chart from scratch with the desired field in the "Legend" and it let me select different colors for different values for the field I used for "Legend". Thanks!

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, the Legend color will be different or can be changed only when the Duration field is specified. So you may need to fill the Duration field to show Legend color differently. Smiley Happy

r1.PNG

Regards

I have tried this solution, but my gantt won't allow me to add any data to the Duration field.

I have four categories in my legend and only three different colours (two are the same), and the other  issue is that the first two tasks appear to have a green bar, regardless of the category I give them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

To add the required field to the Duration, first take off the column in the End date. Then add the column to the Duration whatever you want. Now go to legend and change the colors as per your requirement. Then com back to the fileds again, move the column in the duration to its original place, add back the column to the end date which you removed previously. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!!!!Smiley Very Happy

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you share a sample pbix file(with just some mock data) which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploadingSmiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I've uploaded the mock data to my One Drive.  Pls see link below.

https://wvaus-my.sharepoint.com/personal/iris_yeong_worldvision_com_au/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?...

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors