cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kolumam Member

Gantt Chart custom visual doesn't show bar for a single day

Hi All,

When the duration is 2 or 3 days, gantt chart is able to show a bar but if it's one it doesn't show the bar. Any ways to fix this Gantt.PNG

See the circled dates. It's just 1 day and gantt doesnt show a bar. Is this a bug ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHaas Established Member
Established Member

Re: Gantt Chart custom visual doesn't show bar for a single day

I haven't used the Gantt Chart custom visual before, but I'm guessing it's not a bug.

Think about the basic line chart.  If you don't have 2 consecutive points, it just shows a single dot; there's no line needed to connect anything.  The same way if your graph is missing a point (say, you don't have August data).  Your graph will be a contiguous line up until July, and then you'll have another contiguous line starting from September.

I'm guessing that same functionality is happening here.

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

I am with Chris, never used it and assume it is not a bug.  Maybe you could change your calendar table to half days or business hours?  Not sure how practicable that would be.

* Matt is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

5 REPLIES 5
Kolumam Member

Gantt Chart - Duration

Hi Power BI experts,

Could you please help me with this thread ? I am umable to find a solution.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Gantt-Chart-custom-visual-doesn-t-show-bar-for-a-single-day/...

Thanks

Krishnamurthy

Kolumam Member

Gantt Chart - Duration

Hi Power BI experts,

Could you please help me with this thread ? I am umable to find a solution.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Gantt-Chart-custom-visual-doesn-t-show-bar-for-a-single-day/...

Thanks

Krishnamurthy

ChrisHaas Established Member
Established Member

I haven't used the Gantt Chart custom visual before, but I'm guessing it's not a bug.

Think about the basic line chart.  If you don't have 2 consecutive points, it just shows a single dot; there's no line needed to connect anything.  The same way if your graph is missing a point (say, you don't have August data).  Your graph will be a contiguous line up until July, and then you'll have another contiguous line starting from September.

I'm guessing that same functionality is happening here.

Super User
Super User

I am with Chris, never used it and assume it is not a bug.  Maybe you could change your calendar table to half days or business hours?  Not sure how practicable that would be.

* Matt is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Kolumam Member

Hi Chris,

There was an option called duration and it was set to 1. When I changed it to 0 , it showed a bar for a single day. Thanks a ton !

Regards,

Krishna

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 293 members 2,852 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: