Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Moye
Frequent Visitor

Gantt Chart Text

Hi,

I'm using a Gantt Chart in a report and because of the data the data labels become illegible at some points in the report. Tried scaling down the text size but was unsuccessful. Is there way to make the Gantt Chart post data labels where they are legible when the bars become too close together?

Capture.PNG

Thank you

13 REPLIES 13
dave_adlard
Frequent Visitor

Hi I can't help with your problem but I  am trying to prodcue something simialr to you the way your bars are split for the categories on the y axis.

I am trying to produce a gantt chart that shows when my staff are assinged to a projetct. If person a is on a project from 01/01/20178 to 30/06/2018 and then another proejct from 01/09/2018 to 31/12/2018. I want 2 seperare bars on the same line with a gap between the end proejct and start date of the new proejct.

I'm new to Power BI so your help would be appreciated

Did you find an answer for your problem?

I am trying to do the same as you, but the chart I am using is creating a new line for each start and end date and not grouping similar names in the same line. 

MFleix told me to use the custom visual but I already am are you?

Success!

Use the visual called "Gantt"

Construct the following data:

Task

Startdate

Duration (as a number)

in format_general you cam press "Group tasks"

this works for me.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Moye,

I have submitted a report of this issue to the Product Team. Please wait for the response. I will update in time.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I'm using a Gantt Chart in a report, in gantt chart how to change the text "legend" to "status", plz refere below image.

Thank youproject and task.png

naren
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I'm using a Gantt Chart in a report, in gantt chart how to change the text "legend" to "status", plz refere below image.

large.png

Please suggest me.

Thanks,

naren.

Hi @Moye,

I have gotten response from the Product Team. The ETA of the fix is the first week of December 2017.

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI @v-jiascu-msft

Do you happen to have any updates from the Product Team?

Thank you

Hi @Moye,

The new version was released. Please try it out. If it works, please mark an answer of this thread.

Best Regards,

Dale

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

I tried the new release and looks to work in most areas, however text is still illegible in some areas.

Capture_BlockTiming_2.PNG

Moye
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jiascu-msft,

Any updates on this issue?

Thank you. Really appreciate it and looking forward to the fix.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.