cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snehajayakesh Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Gantt Chart - Sorting Issue

Grouping was a resolution to the sorting of the Tasks, however with the latest update, this has become void. So the sorting doesn't change with order in the group but it sorts according to the start date.

Can anyone help with a work around or a solution? This is an urgent issue to be tackled.

eiriksra Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi.

As stated before the Gantt visual always sorts on the start date. But have you tried "tricking it" by changing the sort order (explained earlier) of the start date column using your desired sorting column? Worked for me.

- Ragnar

Boseca Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Yes, but without success. In the old version the sort was bugged and removed in the last version that i've tried.

Regards.

awaycott Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. Can the developer please simply reinstate the 'Group Task' functionality?

Highlighted
sureshg Visitor
Visitor

Found a workaround on last version.

First you need to create a group field for which you want to sort. make sure lables given are in desired order (for ex. 00 , 01 ,02,03 etc... or AA,AB,AC,AD...etc).

After creating group with labels in desired order. drag that column in to field "Extra Information" highlighted below.

power bi 1.PNG

and then sort the group column as given below.

power bi 2.PNG

hope this will help

Thanks!

Jazz_Denver Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@Mule: Do you know if this has been fixed?

In my Chart the tasks are still ordered alphabetically instead of chornologically.

Thx,

Jaz

helena-jade Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

This really helped, thank you!