Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kelly008
Helper I
Helper I

Gantt Chart Slider Issue

Hello,

I am currently making a Gantt chart to look at upcoming projects, from looking around it seems the best solution for this is via a data matrix. After building this I realised that there is a max of 100 columns so in order to combat this I want to be able to use a slider filter so can you see 100 days at a time.

However, the slider doesnt seem to be affecting the columns at all, and just changes the row data? Yet a standard dropdown filter does:

Report unfiltered:

kelly008_0-1669105925762.png

Report Filtered by Slider:

kelly008_1-1669105956549.png

Report filtered by Year & Month dropdown Filter:

kelly008_2-1669106032759.png

Is there a way to get the slider to change the columns? Or does anyone know of a better method I can use to combat the limitations of the Data Matrix max columns?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @kelly008 

According to your description, you want to control the number of your columns by date, right?
For your problem, you can modify the value you placed with the measure.
When your date exists in the slicer selection range, the corresponding value value is returned. If it is not in range, return BLANK(), then BLANK's words will not be displayed.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @kelly008 

According to your description, you want to control the number of your columns by date, right?
For your problem, you can modify the value you placed with the measure.
When your date exists in the slicer selection range, the corresponding value value is returned. If it is not in range, return BLANK(), then BLANK's words will not be displayed.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.