Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cwalsh
Frequent Visitor

Gantt Chart - Column Width

Is it possible to adjust the width of the Task column?  It's cutting off at 13 characters and therefore cutting off a significant amount of identifiable information.  When I mouse over the chart all I get is the white, pointing finger icon.

Thank you in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cwalsh
Frequent Visitor

@Sean Thanks for your response!  With a little more playing around, I was able to find it (of course after I contacted the author).  In the Format options under Category labels, changing the width adjusts the width of the Task column.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Carina1178
Regular Visitor

@Sean  the "width" is not available in the formatting menu any longer? Any idea how to avoid the "cutting" of text at the right side of the visual with the current version Gant 2.2.3.?

Carina1178_0-1647937514488.png

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@cwalsh 

It doesn't seem like it - however you do get the whole text as a Tooltip if you hover over the Task! Smiley Happy

You can click Contact Author here

https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/show/Gantt1448688115699

They will respond to you - and may tell you that they'll include the option at a later release or why they'll not! Smiley Happy

I've contacted them regarding the Facet Key and they did actually fix the issue I had !

cwalsh
Frequent Visitor

@Sean Thanks for your response!  With a little more playing around, I was able to find it (of course after I contacted the author).  In the Format options under Category labels, changing the width adjusts the width of the Task column.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@cwalsh  Thanks! I missed it too. Smiley Happy

Gantt Task Width.png

Great! Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.