Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gantt Chart 2.2.3 milestone colors

Hi,

Do you know why the milestones colors and shapes are not consistent when a slicer is added?image.png

So when no project is selected, Milestones from Goals category are dark blue and round, Risks milestones are dark pink and square and Milestones category has milestones that are dark purple and purple and the shape is rhombus. If I pick a project from the slicer this changes: 

image.pngimage.png

Why is that? Why the color and the shape of the milestones change? Why aren't they consistent?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lid-msft 

Not sure I understand. Are you suggesting to select every single value in the slicer and then choose the milestones colors? That would not work if there are hundreds of values in the slicers or if a new value is added to the slicer when data is refreshed.

My slicer is for projects and new projects can be added every month. There are too many projects and too many milestone types to choose the colors for every such combination.

Thank you

Hi @Anonymous ,

This workaround we provided in our previous only works when the project is constant and has limited amount. It seems like a issue of this chart because it does not update for nearly three years, we will report this issue but we cannot sure if it will be fixed becaused it is a custom visual. But if we get anything new, we will update here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for looking into it.

Hopefully a solution will come in the near future.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response.  Why does the milestone need to be formatted as a date? I would like to have it as a text.  Because I have milestones categories that are shared across projects and they need to be consistent. If  I change the milestone type in your project, the issue reproduces. ( I added a 2 new columns, one named Project, that it is not in the Gantt chart, but it is used in the slicer, and one named Legend that is basically a copy of column ID-L1 because I wanted the lines in the Gantt chart to be colored diferently. Also added some extra data - level C) 

Below is a screenshot if nothing is selected in the slicer:

image.png

Notice that when Project 2 is selected the milestone color of level B changes from pink to default green. It is interesting that the milestones color of Level A  remain the same.

image.png

Data used:

image.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thank you for your additional information, it is very helpful. Based on my test, it save the setting of milestone for every different value in slicer.

After we change the value in slicer and then change the setting in milestone, it shows the expected result (below visual)

18.jpg19.jpg20.jpg

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for that, but we cannot reproduce this in our sample, Could you please check the color setting in the format of milestone , it should format as each datatime.

12.jpg13.jpg

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.