Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cmboudreaux

Gantt Chart 2.2.3 Visual Layout

I am attaching a sample of what my Gantt chart looks like now and need help with changing a few things as follows:

1. How can I get the timeline up top to JUST show the hour and not the number in parenthesis which I believe is the number of tasks occuring each day...

2. How can I make this widget full screen with NO scroll bars?

3. How can I generate the dotted line down the middle of the current time within the project?

sample.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
time1900
Frequent Visitor

Unrelated comment, how did you get two colors (blue and red) on your gantt 2.2.3 chart?  I am trying to make it a different color if it is late.  Thx.

Use Status or categorical column or measure in Legend.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cmboudreaux ,

JUST show the hour

make this widget full screen with NO scroll bars

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

there IS an Hour type for the current Gantt - one of the posters below captured a screenshot of it and I have hours clearly displayed in my screenshot. The issue is the number in parenthesis after the hour which i now know is the Date - so wondering if there is a way to show just the hour and not the date in parenthesis>

Hi @cmboudreaux ,

I think I understand what you mean. If you open this link and notice the solution, it may help you.

It is by design to show HH:MM:SS. You can also create a visual by yourself or vote here.

Visual need: day to day comparison of event time duration in hours/minutes 

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

cmboudreaux

for #2 - i have attached a new screenshot from PowerBI Desktop - you can see here i have it maxed out as much as it will let me but i want to know if there is anyway to make the canvas larger so i can make the visualization larger.

I think of it kind of like a Photoshop deal where the canvas i can make larger so then the overall work of art can be larger

Capture1.JPG

cmboudreaux

for #1 - if you look at the screenshot I have the duration set to horus and the type set to hour - its no displaying in hours thats the issue - it is the little (9) and (10) - numbers in parenthesis next to it i want gone so it ONLY displays the hour

cmboudreaux

for #2 you say the view is large enough - for me it is not even with the clip i posted you can see the scroll bars on the right and bottom. I want to expand the canvas far enough so that it doesnt have any bars. If i "pop-out' the report it comes full screen - but i dont see a way to embed it like that or display it to a web report like that. I assume there has to be a way to make it so there are no scroll bars. I have already drug the window expansion arrows as far as i could till it glows red on the edge.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cmboudreaux ,

1. Try to  set duration unit and date type.

vpollymsft_0-1663657928495.png

2. The view is large enough to have no scroll bars.

3. I have found a similar post, please prefer to it to see if it helps you.

Solved: gantt chart in powerBI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.